Meal Prep Recipes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Carbohydrates: 46g Fat: 1g Protein: 5g
- 8 Tomatillos
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 2-3 limes
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 serrano pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Peel the husks from your tomatillos. Wash all of your vegetables.
- Peel the garlic and onion. Cut the onion in half.
- Cut the stems off of your peppers.
- Heat a medium pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add in your tomatillos, onion, garlic, and peppers. Boil until the tomatillos begin to turn to a light green color, around 8-10 minutes.
5. While boiling, add the cilantro, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar to a blender. Start with the juice of 2 limes first and add more if necessary. You don't want to make the salsa too tart.
6. Once the tomatillos have changed color, drain the water and add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
7. Blend the ingredients until it reaches your desired consistency. You don't want it too chunky but also not too smooth.
8. Add in salt to taste. Start with 1 Tbsp and continually taste until you are satisfied with the flavor.
9. The entire batch is around 213 calories, divide this by however much you decide is a serving.
A simple guide to easily and efficiently prepare meals to assist you in achieving a healthier lifestyle. For the price of eating out one time, get a collection of 30 delectable recipes including entrées and snacks that are full of flavor and variety to save you money and make you healthier.
Finding healthy recipes and calculating nutritional information can be time consuming, with this book all of the work is done for you. Each recipe has calorie and pricing estimates including macronutrient totals to make for easy tracking. This book is perfect for any individual who is interested in losing weight, saving money, or even just promoting a healthier lifestyle.
Example recipes include Sweet Chili Chicken and Shrimp, Butternut Squash Lasagna, Stuffed Peppers and more. Meal prep doesn't have to be chicken, rice, and broccoli. With this book you can add variety to your meals, enhancing diet retention and palatability.