Meal Prep Recipes
Salsa Chicken with Refried Beans
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 4 Hours (Inactive)
Carbohydrates: 36g Fat: 13g Protein: 53g
Makes 5 Servings
For the Chicken
- 2 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 can of Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 jar of Salsa
- 2 cans of Black Beans
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup of queso (the authentic stuff in a jar)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Chicken
- Place the chicken into a crockpot with 1 can of chicken broth, 1 Tbsp oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low or until it is cooke through.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot. Shred the chicken and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Dice your onion.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Open your cans of beans and remove some of the liquid but not all of it. Add in the beans and 1 Tbsp cumin. Mash with the back of a spoon or a potato masher.
- Cook the beans for until they are reduced to a thick paste (around 10-15 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide your ingredients evenly between 5 containers. You can add rice if you'd like more volume. Add 1 scoop of queso to the top of each dish for flavor.
The 2nd Edition of The Meal Prep Manual has 30 new meal prep recipes including 19 entrée, 6 breakfasts, and 5 snack recipes. Click the photo to see some of the recipes included! For only $10 you'll get 30 recipes with nutritional information already calculated, all you have to do is cook the food!
Adherence is the most important factor of any diet. With The Meal Prep Manual - 2nd Edition you will have lots of healthy and delicious recipes to choose from. No more bland chicken and broccoli. Download the eBook to your phone, tablet, or computer now!
Recipes include Pork Carnitas with Salsa Verde, Philly Cheesesteak Bowls, Boneless Ribs with Cauliflower Mac and Cheese and many more! Meal prep shouldn't be boring. With this book you can add variety to your meals with flavorful recipes that you will be excited to eat!