January 22, 2017 Weekly Meal Prep
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1lb carrots
- 1 bag fresh green beans
- 8oz mushrooms
- 5oz fresh greens
- 8oz sweet peppers
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 bags of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2lbs 85/15 ground beef
- 2lbs chicken breast
- 2 dozen eggs
- 28oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 package flour tortillas
Total Cost = $52.19
My plan for this weeks prep was to make Italian Chicken, Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie, and Breakfast Burritos. Unfortunately I forgot to buy the sausage at the grocery store so presented below is only the Italian Chicken and Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. The fresh greens aren't used in any of the recipes but I needed to restock as I was out. The way I eat the greens is by blending them with 8oz of high pulp orange juice. I find this is a great way to get in a large amount of greens without having to suffer through actually eating them, you can drink a serving of greens in a few seconds!
ITALIAN CHICKEN WITH FRESH GREEN BEANS, CARROTS, AND SWEET PEPPERS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Carbohydrates: 16g Fat: 17g Protein: 59g
Price Estimate/Serving = $2.90
Makes 5 Servings
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Medium Carrots
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans
- 8 oz Sweet Peppers
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- In a ziploc bag, add the chicken, olive oil, garlic, onion powder, oregano, coriander, and salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to marinate while you chop your vegetables.
- Cut your carrots into strips, the peppers into small rings, and cut the ends off of the green beans if necessary.
- Start a grill pan over medium high heat and heat a pot of water to boil the carrots and green beans.
- Cook the chicken on the grill pan for 4-5 minutes on each side or until an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the green beans and carrots until soft. Once cooked, strain and add 1 Tbsp of butter, sprinkle salt and pepper and mix.
- Sautee the peppers in a skillet for 2-3 minutes.
- ut the chicken into slices.
- Divide all ingredients evenly 5 ways and add to each of your containers.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Carbohydrates: 80g Fat: 30g Protein: 41g
Price Estimate/Serving = $2.56
Makes 7 Servings
- 2lbs ground beef (85/15)
- 8 large eggs
- 28oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 package of mixed frozen vegetables (10oz)
- 1 container of mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start a pot of water large enough to boil the potatoes.
- Hard boil 8 eggs in a pot of water. Put the eggs in the water and once you reach a rolling boil, remove from the heat and cover for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, run cool water over the eggs and remove the shell.
- In a large pot/pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Dice the onion and add to the pan with the garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in the hamburger and brown. Once browned remove the fat.
- While the hamburger is cooking, peel and cut the potatoes into a large dice.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of boiling water and cook until soft, strain from the water and mash with 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Add 28oz crushed tomatoes and mixed vegetables to the hamburger with the basil, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Taste along the way and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cut the eggs into a large dice and add to the mixture with 1/2 cup of raisins. Fold to incorporate.
- Add around 130g of sweet potatoes to each container and around 300g of the meat mixture.
A simple guide to easily and efficiently prepare meals to assist you in achieving a healthier lifestyle. For the price of eating out one time, get a collection of 30 delectable recipes including entrées and snacks that are full of flavor and variety to save you money and make you healthier.
Finding healthy recipes and calculating nutritional information can be time consuming, with this book all of the work is done for you. Each recipe has calorie and pricing estimates including macronutrient totals to make for easy tracking. This book is perfect for any individual who is interested in losing weight, saving money, or even just promoting a healthier lifestyle.
Example recipes include Sweet Chili Chicken and Shrimp, Butternut Squash Lasagna, Stuffed Peppers and more. Meal prep doesn't have to be chicken, rice, and broccoli. With this book you can add variety to your meals, enhancing diet retention and palatability.